Falcons’ Fortunes – Commercial Pitch Competition for $50,000 in Catalyst Funding
FACIT is planning its Falcons’ Fortunes pitch competition in 2015.
Do you have an exciting oncology research idea that needs just a little extra fuel to drive a lot more value? Could $50,000 in funding help accelerate or demonstrate the value of your research to potential partners? If your answer is yes, then we have a fun, exciting and real opportunity for you!
Due to the overwhelming success of the first Falcons’ Fortunes event (a Dragons’ Den-based pitch competition held by FACIT in 2014), we are now planning another Falcons’ Fortunes pitch competition in 2015.
On Wednesday, March 11, 2015, Falcons’ Fortunes invites you to pitch your idea to a panel of sharp-eyed yet friendly investors. Hosted by the commercially savvy FACIT Falcons, this event is offering $50,000 in Catalyst Funding to invest in the most promising oncology research idea. Any new innovative idea in the oncology space and developed in Ontario is a candidate pitch!
Additional information can be found below.
- Email us by Friday, January 16th, 2015 if you are interested in participating
- What is this event? Falcons’ Fortunes is a pitch competition (friendly version of Dragons’ Den)
When: Wednesday, March 11th, 2015, 3:15-5:30 pm
Where: Westin Harbour Castle, Harbour Ballroom A, Toronto
Organizers: the FACIT Falcons (i.e. the FACIT team)
- What’s at stake? $50,000 to the best pitch
- What’s a pitch? 10 minute presentations that tell convincing stories on the value of a novel big or small idea and describe how $50,000 would impact and further advance the idea
We are looking for you to demonstrate the value of your research idea (e.g. accelerate to point of demonstrating POC, potential, patient benefit and/or economic impacts such as job creation or capital gain) and show how the investment will move you closer to achieving the big picture goal.
Eligible research ideas – any new innovative idea in the oncology space and developed in Ontario.
- Who can participate? Any entrepreneurial researcher in Ontario working in the oncology space!
- Why are we doing this? In the spirit of enhancing the culture of innovation, embracing entrepreneurship, and cultivating the next generation of risk takers and idea generators!
- For more details (including how to participate and the associated requirements) see the PDF below.
Remember, email us by January 16 if you’re interested in participating (why wouldn’t you be – it’s $50,000)!
Please note there are a few more important dates to keep in mind, which can be found in the PDF below.